Saturday, August 6

Sharing the Shining Summer Season in Rhyme



The Wind by Robert Louis Stevenson


I saw you toss the kites on high
And blow the birds about the sky;
And all around I heard you pass,
Like ladies' skirts across the grass--
                  O wind, a-blowing all day long,
                  O wind, that sings so loud a song!

I saw the different things you did,
But always you yourself you hid.
I felt you push, I heard you call,
I could not see yourself at all--
                 O wind, a-blowing all day long,
                 O wind, that sings so loud a song!

O you that are so strong and cold,
O blower, are you young or old?
Are you a beast of field and tree,
Or just a stronger child than me?
                O wind, a-blowing all day long,
                O wind, that sings so loud a song!


Or if you'd like to hear an arrangement of Robert Louis Stevenson's poem The Wind set to music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76YWxHrG34Y

Here's another lovely one about the windy summer fun of flying kites. Hold tight to that string!

http://www.daphnelister.com/about.html
Another great poetry resource with a home in Chicago: The Poetry Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment