Friday, December 4

Looking for Safe Travel Options?

When planning to travel, my go to for accommodations has become airbnb. Most have heard about the  online website that allows travelers and those who have spaces to rent, to find each other. Searching for places to stay in advance through the app has become my first choice as I prepare to travel. The experience of staying with locals at my destination creates an experience that conveys the reality of living in a new place and of potentially finding new friends in each new location.


“Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow.”
― Anita Desai




Each airbnb host provides a unique place based on their own property and personal design taste. Some hosts go above and beyond in the thought they put in to what they offer. Some hosts create a warm welcome with a tasty plate of home baked cookies, others provide breakfast options, some are just bare bones and cover the basics with a clean safe space. The photos included are examples of a Nashville host going above and beyond. This sweet space is a welcoming and cozy retreat. It was here that I discovered and had time to read a bit of the beautifully illustrated devotional Beholding and Becoming by Ruth Chou Simons. I even bought a copy later for myself at home. 

There are options to stay in single family homes independently, separate apartments or rooms within homes as a house guest. Over the time I have used aibnb to find places to stay as I travel, a variety of offerings have been added. It is possible to find tree houses, tiny houses and even places to camp. All of the listings have been verified and each is complete with reviews. Guests are reviewed, too (don't leave a mess) for those providing a places to stay. I highly recommend giving it a try for your own unique travel experience.


“The journey itself is my home.”
― Matsuo Basho

1 comment:

  1. Traveling is always exciting one. But you also should be safe while visiting new places. You should carry enough supporting accessories like walking aids, walking sticks, shoe accessories, mobility walkers and many other things according to your comfort.

    ReplyDelete